Temporo Mandibular Joint disorders, or TMJ disorders, occur as a result of problems with the jaw, jaw joint, and surrounding facial muscles that control chewing and moving the jaw.
Common symptoms of TMJ include:
- Jaw pain or tenderness in the face, jaw joint area, neck, shoulders or around the ear.
- Limited ability to open your mouth wide.
- Jaw that gets “stuck” or “locks” in the open or closed position
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth (which may or may not be accompanied by pain) or chewing
- May occur on one or both sides of the face
At Penn’s Common Dental Group, we deliver care that is unique to your symptoms and offer orthodontic intervention along with various appliance therapies. Our dental office has been providing treatment for patients with TMJ pain for more than 35 years.
The friendly and caring staff at Penn’s Common Dental Group is looking forward to treating you!